Monday, September 9, 2013

Process and Product

This writing definitely helped me tremendously! Without the strict schedule of drafts we had, I honestly wouldn't have started this paper until tonight probably. I especially liked just getting my ideas out on paper and seeing what would work and what would not. This process let me see all of my ideas first and proceed in the paper with the most constructive one. The rough drafts we wrote showed me what errors I obviously needed to work on. I am a sporadic writer and will get into another topic in the same paragraph so this let me separate my ideas successfully and move paragraphs to the right place. Also, the peer review was an incredible help as I got feedback from 4 other writers who were telling me from a reader's, instead of teacher/writer's, perspective what they thought was strong and other points that were weak. As to the process, I think it fits with my style of writing particularly but I have never used this type of process before. Having the strict schedule and writing a lot of rough drafts has helped me produce what I think to be a well-written paper which needs a few revisions and will be ready to go Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment