Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Online "Tattoo"

The representation I have given myself on Twitter, I would say, is close to accurate. I don't post anything too inappropriate but by some of my tweets you could tell that I'm a college student who parties which, on Twitter, is mainly viewed by my peers who are close to the same demographic. One example of this representation is in my tweet, "Leaving from senior trip and I feel like I'm about to die ." You also could tell by my account that I am a sports fan with tweets such as, "Ready to watch this game at BWW," and, "The SEC played pretty pitiful yesterday I have to say." Also, I voice my opinion a little more freely with tweets such as, " Brando has got to be the dumbest sportscaster I've ever seen," and politically, "Today 52 years ago was the worst day in history. The beginning of the end... ." I voiced my opinion on the latter tweet more openly than I probably would have on Facebook as I am friends with more Obama supporters, and future bosses, possible Obama supporters, will check primarily Facebook. I do feel like I have a great responsibility to uphold a good image in social media especially since I'll be applying for the student firefighter position next year. I feel like I do censor myself for the most part. I feel like the responsibility to censor yourself is one everyone should have, but unfortunately more and more people ignore this responsiblity.

No comments:

Post a Comment